TRAINING / INTERACTIVE
Rémy Martin, founded in 1724, is one of the world’s biggest and most renowned Cognac producers. Unlike their direct competitors such as Hennessy and Martell, the House exclusively specializes in Cognac Fine Champagne and is still family-owned to this day. Recently, the brand has seen a successful strategy revamp resulting in impressive performance over the past financial years. We are thrilled about our continuous collaboration with this exceptional brand to develop, build and maintain a state of the art interactive learning platform.
In 2015, Rémy Martin was pushing towards new frontiers: new brand strategy and increasingly moving upmarket to become a staple of the highly competitive premium Cognac segment. Gearing their digital strategy towards the very same goals, the central hurdle for a global company like Rémy Martin remained the same: how to align a globally dispersed workforce to make strategy become applied reality?
PROJECT BACKGROUND & OBJECTIVES
In today’s fast-paced work environment, the business case for interactive learning solutions is based on three major pain points:
- Traditional training methods provide only limited scalability
- Quality of “face to face” training depends on too many variables (group size, tutor, attendance, etc.)
- Cost: expensive to maintain & difficult to measure ROI
Of course, mobile learning is not an end in itself. From a strategic standpoint, mobile learning is complementary to traditional training methods: streamlining employee onboarding, providing up-to-date information and providing the analytic insights required for reviewing and assessing performance – globally. That’s how MY e/RÉMY was born.
Ultimately, the challenge we faced was two-fold:
- How to ensure globally aligned, highly scalable and consistent brand education among a heterogeneous audience?
- How to make the complex product and brand story really come to life, as opposed to simply stating facts and numbers?
OUTCOMES & PERFORMANCE
At its core, MY e/RÉMY includes the following features (among many more):
- Fully responsive mobile ready self-learning tool to enable consistent brand education
- Digitally distributed to internal and external stakeholders
- Full user progress tracking & evaluation
- Global rollout in 5 languages (EN, CN, RU, JP, VN)
- Centrify SSO integration
Did somebody just ask for stats? Well, here they are (as of April 2018):
- Total users: 1000+
- Active users (accessed training at least once in the past 30 days): 35%
- Completion rate: 50%
- Total training time: 2000+ hours (approx. 250 full working days)
- Language versions: 5 (EN, CN, RU, VN, JP)
- Countries: 37+
With a project of this nature, the job is not done with deploying the platform and moving on. We also conceptualize, copywrite, design, program and build anything that is required to ensure thorough maintenance and proper change management among MY e/RÉMY’s user base:
- E-Mailer communication & design
- Promotional videos
- Executive board presentations
- Strategy & IT consulting
We’re very much looking forward to launching the next phase of MY e/RÉMY in the near future.
Let’s take a look at the full technical specifications of MY e/RÉMY:
- Distributed to internal & external users via the BERS® Corporate bookstand and Apple App Store
- Digital training content built with BERS® EDIT running on both iOS and Web HTML
- Modern & fully responsive HTML5 implementation
- Native iOS App distributed through the Apple App Store
- Enriched with learning management functionalities via full Moodle LMS integration (automatic assignment of new courses and certificates upon completion of learning goals)
- Adaptive self-enrollment tool for internal & external users with user approval process by Rémy Martin Head Trainers
- Implementation of Centrify Single Sign On and user profile provisioning (SAML2)
- Content delivery using Content Delivery Network (CDN) with 27+ datacenters worldwide
- Personal user data and progress/results solely stored on servers based in Germany