The well-known fashion powerhouse Tommy Hilfiger has been at the forefront of ‘preppy’ fashion since 1985. Still today, Tommy Hilfiger is performing stronger than ever, with continuously growing global retail sales. We are happy to have Tommy among our clients for several years now, having executed numerous successful projects with them, ranging from mainly digital to analog as well as Employer Branding activities.
The fashion retail business has seen a lot of innovations in the last few years ranging from the rather simple live broadcasting of runway shows to complex real-time predictive customer analysis tools. Today, technology is able to fundamentally enhance the selling process and help fashion brands to connect with the customer on a more personal level than ever before.
Tommy Hilfiger aimed to dive deep into the possibilities of digitally enhanced selling for the August 2013 re-opening of their Düsseldorf Anchor Store. In a collaborative approach, we developed the vision called Tommy Hilfiger Flagship App: to equip sales-staff with an integrated application accessible via iPad that joins together Tommy Hilfiger’s Personal Shopper platform with data driven cross-selling features such as client details, purchase history, related items, animated look presentations and many more.
The Flagship App seamlessly communicates with multimedia screens inside the store in order to present key items or animated looks in lifesize format, adding a next level digital component to the physical selling process. Sales personnel can directly view upcoming client appointments via complete Personal Shopper integration in a quick and mobile manner. Through customer feeds, salesfloor personnel can look up client profiles including info on recent purchases, favorite sizes and details, allowing for a much more personalised shopping experience. The underlying premise was to deliver a tool with gesture-based navigation that outpaces the traditional way of selling with physical goods – showing a related item is now just one swipe away.
...some of them:
- Push Channel
- Scan/Identify Products
- Animated Looks
- Related Articles
- Client Feed
- Full integration of TH digital infrastructure: Personal Shopper, Store Calendar, etc.
- Search/Filter Functionality
- Gesture-based navigation
- Native Objective-C Application
- App communicates with online TH Portal which manages the stores, employees, customer wishlists, store-displays, etc.
- Local database of all current collection products
- Local database of stock availability, updated daily via online dump of POS
- Animated Looks using cuepoints to loop the videos and react to user input
- Uses TH iProspect API to query data about members of the TH Club (recent purchaes, contact info, etc.)
- Uses the Scala API to control store displays